For about 5 days in June, we decided to become local tourists instead of traipsing around other countries in search of a break.
While not exactly a dream vacation, the upshot was that we needn’t worry about flights and accommodation, and exchange rates.
Still – parts of Singapore held some attraction, and though we couldn’t visit every venue on our list, I thought we did a decent enough job.
To recap, we:
1. Went ice-skating
2. Went cycling & blading at East Coast park
3. Went to the movies at Film Garde Kallang
4. Went to the Singapore Science Centre
5. Went to Artscience museum
6. Shot the breeze at Marina Bay
7. Went to the neighborhood car wash
8. Went to Universal Studio in Sentosa
9. Went to MacRitchie reservoir to soak up nature
10. Dined at Siglap and had good coffee in Tiong Bahru
Add in my reads and music consumption and I was glad we spent time at home.
I’ll continue to publish more jaunts as this exercise has whetted my appetite to further explore what my Singapore has to offer – glitzy shopping in Orchard road notwithstanding.